ORDINANCE NO 840
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING SECTION 22 OF ORDINANCE NUMBER 816 SUBSECTION A, B, C, D, E AND F FOR THE CITY OF MEADE.
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE CITY OF MEADE, KANSAS:
1. That Section 22 shall be changed to read SECTION 22. KENNELING.
2. That Section 22 Subsection A of Ordinance No. 816 of the City of Meade, Kansas be
amended to read as follows.
(a) No person or household shall own or harbor more than 6 dogs of six months of age or older or more than one litter of pups, or more than 6 cats of more than six months of age or more than one litter of kittens, or more than a total of 6 dogs and cats more than six months of age in any combination, or engage in the commercial business of breeding, buying, selling, trading, training, or boarding cats or dogs or both cats and dogs.
3. That Section 22 Subsection F of Ordinance No 816 of the City of Meade, Kansas be amended
to read as follows.
(f) This section shall not apply to and will not be construed to prevent the operation of a licensed veterinarian to operate an animal hospital.
4. That Section 22 Subsection B, C, D, and E of Ordinance No. 816 of the City of Meade,
Kansas be removed.
5. All other ordinances or parts of ordinances in conflict herewith shall be and the same are
6. This ordinance shall be in full force and affect upon its passage, approval and publications in
the official city newspaper.
Passed and approved by the City of Meade on this 25th day of June, 2012.
Richard Knott, Mayor
Tiffany Neel, City Clerk
|The City of Meade
132 South Fowler
PO Box 338
Meade, KS 67864-0338
Ph. (620) 873-2091
ABOUT MEADE |
© 2013 - City of
Meade and its representatives - All rights reserved